Welcome to the Testing Central! Here we can coordinate our efforts, this is useful in case you don't have access to or aren't on IRC. To fill the tables just follow the easy understandable guidelines. If you don't understand them please ask in the IRC channel #reactos-testers. Thanks!
Just getting started with testing? Head over to the Testing Introduction page
Here any developer can ask testers for a test: i.e. a testbox, an application, or a patch. The request can be fulfilled just by a developer. Testers can fill in the result report. While you are about to test a revision, change the tester field and set the LRT to T+number(i.e. T40020) so other testers know you are testing this revision. After testing and knowing the result change the T to R (i.e. R40020) and update the result field.
- DEV: Name of the developer who asked for a test.
- Request: A short description ( i.e. Test for FF mouse bug).
- Application/TestBox: A link to the application (if needed), please use Wiki syntax.
- Way of Testing: A link to a JIRA issue where the testing steps are described or a short overview of how to test. Please try to keep it short.
- Tester: The name of the tester who did the testing.
- LRT (Last Revision Tested): Add a letter before the number, T means currently testing, R means tested
- RES: Results of the test: failed or no failure.
|Dev||Request||App/TestBox||Way of Testing||Tester||LRT||Res:|
|Devname||Short Description||Download it:HERE||Open the menu and check if font spacing still wrong, etc.||TestrNam||r40xxx||FAIL|
|rafalh||Test newest UniATA 0.41b2 (without ReactOS specific hacks)||http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5ZZF478R||Check for regressions in real hardware and all virtual machines.||-||-||-|
Here any developer or tester who finds a regression can add a line, so that testers can easily keep track of running regression tests and to allow the coordination of the efforts. If you discovered the regression then add your name, the regression description and in which Virtual Machines did you test it. Also add a revision where the bug was not present and the failing one (if you have that information). If you are regression testing, then add (don't delete others testing efforts) the testing revision that you are going to test in the testing field (add your 4 first nick letters). If there are more testers regtesting you will see the revisions they are going to test. It will help you to choose the most interesting revision. We recommend the binary search. When you finished testing a revision, update the Working/Failing and the VMW/QEM/VBX columns. Also delete your testing revision number from the testing.
- Name: The name of the developer or tester who found the regression.
- Regression: Description of the regression, or a link to a JIRA issue.
- VMWA : "Yes" if the regression happens in VMware, "NO" if doesn't. "NTD" if Not Tested.
- QEMU : "Yes" if the regression happens in QEMU, "NO" if doesn't. "NTD" if Not Tested.
- VBOX : "Yes" if the regression happens in VirtualBox, "NO" if doesn't. "NTD" if Not Tested.
- RHDW : "Yes" if the regression happens in Real Hardware, "NO" if doesn't. "NTD" if Not Tested.
- WRKs: Number of the revision where the bug isn't present.
- Fails: Number of the revision where the bug is failing.
- Testing: Before going to test (before downloading the revision indeed) add your number and your three letters here (i.e. 40100VIC).
This section is divided in 2 tables.
- GoldenAPPS: The "GoldenApps Table" tracks the most important working apps which nowadays are working correctly on ReactOS.
- CandidateAPPs: The "CandidateAPPs Table" tracks non working apps which must be tracked because of their importance. They will be moved to "GoldenApps" when they start working on ReactOS.
- App : Name of the application and the link to download it.
- Latest Working Revision: Latest revision where the App was working.
- Status: It shows if the App has been tested with the "Golden Revision" (NTD: Not tested) and if it Worked(YES) or Not(NO).
Current Test Target: bootcd-58487-dbg aka rev 58487
|App||Latest working revision||Status|
|Firefox 126.96.36.199||58487||Works well – colour issues on search engine icons.|
|[||58487||Works well. No rendering issues or BSOD during testing. Does not register itself as Default Browser.|
|Notepad++ 6.9||a6e080b||Quick test. Did a quick test. Can save files and load files. Other features not tested.|
|K-Meleon 1.5.2||58487||Works – Switching tabs does not repaint. Loading pages sometimes hangs. Ocasional URL bar entry issue.|
|Adobe Reader 7.1||58487||Works – menu issues, icons are not shown. PDF-file for Test|
|Foxit Reader 2.1||58487||Works – menu issues. Needs MFC42.DLL.|
|Adobe Flash Player 10||Tested in r58487, version 10.1.102.64 and 10.3.183.29 the installer succeeds. Using Firefox 188.8.131.52, ads animations or "about flash page" play well, however on youtube player it crashes, BSOD. Same with Firefox 3.0.11|
|Thunderbird 184.108.40.206||58487||Works. The only issue noted is the need to click on a menu item to expand its submenu.|
|Sunbird 0.9||58487||Installs and seems to work well.|
|Abiword 2.6.4||58487||Works – Text rendering problems. Scroll bar doesn't work. Toolbars have red background in 16-bit color.|
|FAR Manager 1.7||58487||Tested in r58487: at the end of the setup, uncheck "Run Far Manager" and "Show what's new" or it will launch 2 invisible instances of far.exe. The application itself, however appears to work fine.|
|Winrar 3.80||58487||Installs and mostly works. Comments have wrong font, can not see what is typed in extraction dialog, and can not export settings. Filesystem corruption extracting some files was fixed in CORE-6098.|
|7-Zip 4.65||58487||Works – minor redrawing issues. Gone through built-in benchmark 40 times, after that I have compressed and then tested a 558 MB installation of GOG Heroes of Might and Magic 2, seems stable. The integrated help displays only index, but not the page contents.|
|DosBox 0.72||58487||Works very well.|
|Mirc 6.35||58487||Works well.|
|Samba-TNG||58487||A couple of warnings but seems to work stable.|
|IrfanView 4.23||58487||Needs MFC42.DLL. Be sure to deselect the Google Search Bar in setup. - Application Works excellently. Redrawing issues using zoom.|
|Notepad Lite 3.3.1||58614||Works in r58614. Must be uncompressed (see CORE-7027).|
|SeaMonkey 1.1.17||58487||Tested on 58487. Start now normally on a fresh install, fonctionnal but colours of the buttons are missing.|
|Filzip 3.06||58487||Work but there is memory exception(see CORE-7021)|
|AIDA32 3.94||58487||Application seems to function perfectly. Icons are colored wrong in 16-bit color mode.|
|SciTE 1.77||58487||Works – seems to run OK.|
|VLC Media Player 0.8.6i||58487||Works. Playing an MP3 and a FLAC works perfectly, tried seeking as well. Tried to play MKV with H.264 inside, but only audio plays.|
|VLC Media Player 2.2.2||a6e080b||Functional. Visualizers won't close or take very long when using button. Have to fully close VLC or use Task Manager if it won't close. Mp3 works. Mp4 works but slight pixelation.|
|CPU-Z 1.82.1||a6e080b||Mrmajik45: Runs okay. Major: ALL images flicker and the system lags very badly. "Fix: Drag window around but images will be messed up or disappear" Minor: Doesn't detect GPU or SPD "Maybe because i'm using a VM"|
|PCSX2 1.4.0||g0dff328||Installer worked. Failed: When trying to run setup it hangs the system. Cursor moves. Tab + K doesn't even bsod or hang the cursor.|
|Name||App||Rev||VMWA||QEMU||VBOX||ViPC||RHDW||BUG INSTALLING||BUG WORKING|
|Vic,Jedi,(Bit)||Opera 9.64||58487||YES||NTD||YES||YES||YES||VMWA/VBOX/RHDW:None|| VMWA/VBOX/ViPC7/RHDW:None - @Jedi and Vic: doesn't it crash for you if you type something in Opera?- basisbit
It hangs – Jedi
Saibamen in VMWA – r58487 works wery well ;) Only favicon doesn't display in title bar.
|Vic/Bit/Ey3||Chrome 10.0.648.204||44317||NO||NTD||NO||NTD||NTD||VMWA: None. HW: It keeps saying "Initialising" in a loop.|
|Ey3/Bit||Word Viewer 2003||44317||NO||NTD||NO||NTD||NO||All: none||VMWA: It doesn't launch. CORE-4237|
|Ey3/Bit||Excel Viewer 2003||44317||NO||NTD||NO||NTD||NO||HW: None||HW: It doesn't launch. Then it tries to run in safe mode, but fails again.CORE-4128|
|Ey3||Powerpoint Viewer 2003||42470||YES||NTD||YES||NTD||YES||VBOX/VMWA/HW: None|| VBOX/VMWA/HW: None – not online at microsoft.com any more...
Tested on 58487 in VBox, and installer does not seem to create a process. Nothing happens.
|Ey3/Bit||OpenOffice 3.3.0||44317||NO||NTD||NO||NTD||NO||HW: Installation fails because MSVCR90.dll was not found.|
|Vic/Bit, Jedi-to-be||Total Commander 7.56a|| 42470
|Vic/Bit||Net Framework 3.0||42470||NO||NTD||NO||NTD||NO||VMWA: Error:"Insuficient privileges." CORE-4132|
|Vicmarcal, Jedi-to-be||Java 6.25|| 41233
|NO||NTD||NTD||NO||NTD||VMWA,ViPC7:None||VMWA,ViPC7: Error the memory could not be read CORE-3850|
|Ey3||Microsoft Office 2003||43812||NO||NTD||NO||NTD||NO||HW: It does no longer freeze. It stops telling "Installation interrupted because of an error"|
For testing games (Win and DOS) in ROS see Games ROS Testing
- Main article: File Bugs
Make sure the bug happens only in ReactOS and is not a bug that also happens in Windows. If it happens in both then you should consult with the applications support or Dev team. You should, if possible, try different versions of Windows, making sure to use versions the application is meant to work with.
If the bug happens on some versions of Windows and in ReactOS, it is probably not ReactOS.
- Note all details of your testing on different versions of windows when filing your bug report
- Try a recent nightly build
- With your nightly build gather a debug log from ReactOS
- Make your bug report.
- Attach your debug log with detailed notes of your Windows tests
- Record full versions of all software involved (usually something like "2.34.4567.562 rev 19382 RC2 ..."): VMware, ReactOS SVN number, failing application.
- Take screen shots if applicable of how the app failed, how it worked or failed differently in Windows than ReactOS and attach them.
- If it is a commercial application that is closed source and costs money then you may be the one that has to do all Debugging for ReactOS and possibly the one who submits the patches.
- Give an appropriately formatted copy of the bug report to the applications support or Dev team that made the app.
What makes an application important
The applications being tracked are not being tracked because of only their popularity or because someone likes the application a lot, there are more important reasons.
- The application makes use of some critical part of the operating system, and it may be able to show progression or regression that will affect many other applications.
- The application meets common needs that are needed on most systems.
- The application is needed for development of the operating system.
Because tracking too many applications at this level of detail is difficult you should not just add another application to the list. New additions to this list should be discussed with Fireball, Caemyr, vicmarcal on IRC or their talk page. But before that you should ask yourself these questions:
- Will this application test many different parts of the operating system?
- Does this application do something that will help with testing or development by tracking its usage?
- Is there a tracked application that already does this?
- Is there a good reason for wanting this particular application to be tracked?
If you can answer yes to two of the first three and the fourth then you might consider asking in IRC about adding it.
Tracking other applications
You can track the app yourself but note that it will be your responsibility to test your applications and report any bugs. You must also make sure the bugs are not reproducible on the current version/versions of Windows, in case the bug is in the application and not in the operating system. If you are still interested your best option is to track the bug on your user page. You can copy the above apps table and edit it for this.